The National Endowment for Science, Technology and the Arts (NESTA) was set up to encourage talent and innovation within the UK. As the Fellowship Director, Venu Dhupa was tasked with building a high performance team to deliver investment to innovative projects and individuals with exceptional talent. Over a four year period the investment portfolio grew from just over £1.2million to over £13.2million and the team from 1-10.
- Handled the National Audit Office Value for Money Review and accompanied the Chair and CEO to the Parliamentary Committee.
- Commended by the National Audit Office on Risk Management.
- Introduced the requirements of the Northern Ireland Equalities Act into Fellowship division.
- Completed a national review of Mentoring Schemes
- Consulted on, researched and delivered a new International Cultural Leadership Award working with 15 countries.
- Increased the diversity of the recipients of investment from 2.2% to over 25%.
- As part of the Senior Management Team secured £75million of new investment into the endowment and a £45million one-off payment into the revenue.
Leave a Reply